The Humane Society of Boulder Valley’s Puppy Parenting Workshop is designed for guardians of puppies up to 16 weeks of age. Puppy parents-to-be are also welcome! The goal of this one-hour workshop is to celebrate the fun journey you’ve embarked upon while helping you understand the importance of positive socialization efforts and opportunities to raise a well-adjusted dog. Developmental milestones, puppy behavior, training tools, and environmental enrichment will be discussed. We’ll help you plan your socialization strategies, demonstrate products that can pacify your puppy when you need him to settle, and help you begin to recognize when your puppy may feel overwhelmed, frustrated, or bored. The following topics will be included:
- Suggestions for positive socialization opportunities
- Puppy biting and mouthy behavior
- Crate training/housetraining
- Developmental stages for puppies and young adults
- How to create a healthy playtime/naptime routine
- Suggestions of safe and fun toys and activities for puppies
- Body handling exercises
You will receive a booklet called “Crash Course in Puppy Parenting” and your instructor will encourage you to enroll your puppy in classes such as Puppy Prep School, or our play-based Puppy Socials.
This class is for humans only (please leave your puppy at home)! All other (human) family members are welcome!