The Humane Society of Boulder Valley’s Kitten Parenting Workshop is designed for guardians of kittens (and cats!) of any age. Kitten parents-to-be are also welcome! The goal of this one-hour workshop is to celebrate the fun journey you’ve embarked upon while helping you understand the importance of positive socialization efforts and opportunities to raise a well-adjusted cat. Developmental milestones, kitten behavior, training tools, and environmental enrichment will be discussed. We’ll help you plan your socialization strategies, demonstrate products that could save your couches and sanity, and help you begin to recognize when your kitten may be feeling overwhelmed, frustrated, or bored. The following topics will be included:
- Suggestions for positive socialization opportunities
- How to set your kitten up for litter box success
- Kitten-proofing your home
- All things enrichment
- Appropriate scratching and climbing opportunities
- Crate training for veterinary success
This class is for humans only (please leave your kitten at home)! All other (human) family members are welcome!