Live in an apartment complex without access to a yard where your dog can run safely? Have a dog who doesn’t enjoy the dog park? Working on recall but need a place to practice skills safety off-leash? Does your dog prefer human company to that of other dogs? Looking for a location for a meet-up for your dog and up to two of his besties? Look no further than our yard rentals.
For $18 you can secure access to one of two large, grassy fenced outdoor yards at the Humane Society of Boulder Valley’s main campus on 55th street. The yard is rented in 30 minute increments and can host up to 3 dogs (in the same party). These yards are only available after evening classes have completed to reduce foot traffic.
Please note that if you have a reactive dog, our recommendation is to make reservations on Monday or Sunday evenings. On these days, only one of two yards (the plucky puppy yard) will be available for rent, allowing your dog to have the best experience possible and limit their potential exposure to the sight of other dogs.
On days other than these, two yards will be in use and dogs will be visible to one another from their respective yards.
To ensure the best experience possible for all participants, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Pick up poop and deposit in receptacle.
- Guardian must remain with dog (s) in yard.
- Exit yard at designated time (other users may be in vehicle waiting for your departure)- there is no HSBV staff member present during this rental. Your dog, or the dog after or before your rental may not enjoy other dogs. For this reason, we ask that you depart promptly when your time has expired.
- Close gates securely when you vacate yard. Please note there may be up to 4 gates per yard.
- Dog must be leashed to and from the yard.
- Due to the heavy-use of our campus, dogs who are fully vaccinated are recommended.